Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Realm OF Dreams #1


Frontline Fiction Proudly  Presents: REALM OF DREAMS #1

What starts off as just another day for Ray Oliver Dmitriy quickly turns into the things of nightmares. What is reality?  What is dream? The lines begin to blur for Ray.
The First Dream: Don't let the Bed Bugs Bite!!

It was a warm summer day. The sun was beating down on me as I was doing my morning jog through the usual exercise trail. However today was extremely hot and I decided to run a different path that had some more shade. While I was running through the trail I came across a split in the trail that I have never noticed before, also there was this sign at the split, that said R.O.D. with an arrow. I stood there confused staring at this sign because those are my Initials. Ray Oliver Dmitriy. What did it mean? So like in one of those horror movies I found myself going down the strange path I have never noticed before. Instead of running now, I found myself  slowly walking down this deep dark path as I was pushing away trees branches and bushes. I came to the end of the path, and what was waiting for me on the other side of that path was the most unforgettable thing Imaginable. 

A giant bug-like creature that resembled a giant palmetto bug or the creatures from Star Ship Troopers. At first I was in shock, I could not believe the size of this thing all I could do was stand there and stare. Then I noticed this thing went to attack me. It swung it's gigantic leg at me and my first instinct surprisingly was not to run, but to jump, and boy did I jump I leaped over this creatures leg effortlessly. It's gigantic leg swung for a second time. faster this time, same thing I jumped over the giant creatures leg like I was playing Hop Scotch. The creature was getting angry, I had to figure something out before I became its dinner. So I finally decided to turn around and started running, trying to head back where I came from. The creature was chasing me however, I noticed I was outrunning it. I felt like I was running a lot faster then my normal pace and I thought I was in the clear, then I tripped over a rock my foot was in pain and fell flat on my face. As I was trying to recover and I turned over and noticed the creature looking down at me making this horrific sound as it went for its final attack all I could do was put my hands in front of my face and scream. As I screamed this big bright light appeared and I awoke, but not in the forest. I was in my bed sweating, out of breath like I ran the marathon. My wife Jill at my side. "Ray, Ray, are you Okay?" she asked. With a deep cleansing breath I replied, "Yes Hon just had a really bad dream. Can you get me some water?" 


As Jill went to get me some water, I sat up in bed, I felt something touching my feet. So I removed the covers and I noticed a huge bruise on the top of my foot and a dead palmetto bug. WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!?!


Written By: Michael Koslik A.K.A. (Mike Spider-Slayer)
Art By: Jay A.K.A. (Comic Book Theater)

For more on Frontline Fitction's Realm Of Dreams, please visit Comic Book Corner 2.0
Join the conversation on Twitter with the hashtag #RealmOfDreams 
and don’t forget to follow Mike on Twitter

                          Do not Miss Issue #2: Meet The Family!!
               
Let us know in the comments and Tweet Mike #RealmOfDreams what you think of this Frontline Fiction installment and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Fan Fiction, Fan Art, Strips, Skits and more from the Frontline!

8 comments:

  1. Another great addition Mike! Really love how you gave the reader an idea of the world they are getting into. Looking forward to issue 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat I am glad you enjoyed. The best thing about writing is how creative you can be. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff here mike! Wish this was actually published and released weakly. cant wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you liked. right now the series is monthly however if my schedule permits I will try to release it sooner. I can not wait to write the next issue.

      Delete
  4. Great first effort Mike. Needs some editing otherwise the story sound very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jerry, just having some fun. Glad you liked it. I do have have a pretty good imagination so I thought I give this a try. Hopefully you keep reading. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Story Mike ! Very Interesting .. I thought it's going to be like alice in wonderland when he followed the sign .. Then he woke up .. Very excited for the next issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Red, Spread the word about my story if possible. The sign is a hint that Ray is being called about but doesn't know it yet. What will drive him to the other side? Find out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete